Wednesday 27 February 2008

Masculine birthday card

I love making cards and usually they are flowery and frilly and pretty. It's like my inner girl comes out when I am in a card making mood. But sometimes I am forced to approach cards in a different way. A close friend of Lucas' recently celebrated his birthday, and of course I was expected to make him a card. The usual masculine motifs of hunting, fishing or cars wouldn't do - he doesn't hunt or fish , neither is he crazy about cars, and he would probably think I was weird if I gave him a card like that. So I pulled some masculine colours out of my stash and came up with this.

Granted there is a flower like shape on there but Olivier loved it! The stamped I used on the tag was hand carved by Lucas, I thought that was a nice touch :)

No comments: