Wednesday 26 December 2007

Handmade Gifts I

Now that they have been received I can post some of the gifts I made this year. For my father-inlaw I made this canvas, featuring a photo of him and hubby skiing sometime back in the 90's (neither of them are sure of the year).



I used a black 12x12 canvas. The textured edges were done by pressing a rubber stamp (which was carved by dh) into a thick layer of black acrylic paint. Other supplies: BasicGrey papers, Fancy Pants chipboard, Club Scrap stamp and flea market stuff from my stash.

For my mother-in-law I made this mini album with photos from Christmas last year. I used my latest toy, the Bind-it-all to make the book after doing the cover and all the pages. The papers are from three different BasicGrey Christmas lines: Dasher, Fuitcake and Figgy Pudding. I used Hambky rub-ons and transparency on the cover. Flowers are by Prima, and the ribbons are all from my stash.

They both loved the gifts, which was a relief, since I'm never sure how people will react to handmade items. My mother-in-law kept saying how she had completely forgotten what Christmas was like last year, so the album was a great reminder. She must have looked through it three or four times during Christmas Eve dinner!

1 comment:

Frédérique said...

Wow Francine c'est magnifique, tes beaux-parents ne pouvaient qu'adorer ! Moi en tout cas je suis sous le charme !
Bisous
Frédérique