Friday 18 May 2007

Les Puces du Canal

That's the name of the flea market we went to yesterday (marche des puces means flea market in French). It was a little disappointing because most of the stalls were closed, and those that were open were mainly antique furniture. Beautiful stuff but way out of our league at the moment (who am I kidding, unless we win the lotto they are way of our league indefinitely). Usually there are box sellers in the yard, but with the bad weather only a few turned up. We did score a few treasures though. Lucas fell for what we think is a cake frosting spatula for the grand price of 1 euro. I eventually found what I was looking for, vintage trim and buttons. She had a good selection, it was hard to control myself!

I can't wait to start using these in my projects! I'll definitely be going back one weekend, when the weather is good and more sellers are there, because I am sure I can find lots more goodies.

Lucy cleaned up as well. You can read about her finds here.

No comments: