Wednesday 21 November 2007

Little Christmas Trees

My obsession with making Christmas decor continues.


Who can resist a miniature Christmas tree?


I've seen these paper strip trees online for a couple years. I decided to add some flowers, as well as glitter to mine. I used a tiny painted pot as the base. The shape is a styrofoam cone available at craft stores. I used 1"x3" strips gently folded and regular pins to stick to the foam. The star is a chipboard shape from Magistical Memories which I covered in glitter.


This paper flower tree is a variation on the button tree made by Tia Bennett. Again, a styrofoam cone, using pearl headed pins to attach them. Then painted randomly with glue and glitter added. Another painted pot as the base. I do have a button tree in progress, but ran out of buttons and pins, so I will finish and post it another day.


This is a pinecone I found outside, decorated with red and green glitter glue. The star is American Crafts chipboard covered in glitter.

I really can't seem to stop myself with Christmas related projects lately. I'm having a great time!

No comments: