Tuesday 25 September 2007

I love this layout.

Sometimes it all just comes together. When I sat down to do this page for the Bad Girls Top Designer Contest, all I knew was that I wanted to use these photos, and that I needed to do a page with texture and dimension (which was the challenge set for us). I pulled out a variety of items I thought would work and started playing. This was the result.


I used stitching, tulle, felt, trim and twine for texture; and layering, lumpy elements and pop dots for dimension. I'm also on a pink/green/blue kick of late so the choice of these papers was easy. I so love that sheet of paper from Scenic Route, I think I bought way too many when a local store was going out of business! And you just can't go wrong with AC Thickers!

The page is about my love of stitching on my projects. When I bought my sewing machine it wasn't with scrapping in mind, but now it's used mostly for that. I'm starting to want to use it for its original purpose again though, and hope to share some sewing projects soon (assuming they look halfway decent!)

1 comment:

Trina said...

THis is beautiful!!!!!!!